The Rumsfeld Foundation hosted the 2015 CAMCA (Central Asia - Mongolia - Caucasus - Afghanistan) Regional Forum in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia from June 20-21st, 2015.
Key Forum Events
Main Forum events included plenary sessions, roundtables, keynote interviews, breakout sessions and more. Beyond the formal sessions, the Forum provided opportunities for guests to further network throughout receptions and dinners highlighting the unique culture, history, and landscape of Mongolia.
Forum sessions included: Welcoming remarks by Secretary Donald Rumsfeld; Keynote welcoming address by Speaker of the Parliament of Mongolia Mr. Enkhbold Zandaakhuu; Keynote remarks by Former Prime Minister to the Kyrgyz Republic Mr. Djoomart Otorbaev; Keynote remarks by Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad; Remarks by Defense Minister Battur Avirmed; Interview with Ms. Oyun Sanjaasuren; and much more.
Forum speakers included distinguished professionals from a variety of sectors across the region and beyond.
Forum speakers included: Mr. Zandaakhuu Enkhbold, Speaker of the Parliament of Mongolia; Mr. Djoomart Otorbaev, former Prime Minister of the Kyrgyz Republic; Hon. Donald Rumsfeld, President, Rumsfeld Foundation; Dr. S. Frederick Starr, Chairman, Central Asia-Caucasus Institute; Mr. Byambasaikhan Bayanjargal, Chairman of the Business Council of Mongolia; Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad, former U.S. Ambassador to Iraq, Afghanistan and Permanent Representative to U.N.; Ambassador Bekhbat Khasbazar, former Ambassador of Mongolia to the U.S.; Dr. Davaadorj Tseren, Director of Information and Analysis Service of the National Security Council of Mongolia; and more.
The Forum discussions focused on timely themes and issues including the CAMCA Countries Evolving Place in the World Economy, Foreign and Security Outlook in CAMCA in 2025, and Unlocking the Potential of CAMCA’s Human Capital. Session topics included:
• Reducing Impediments to Foreign Investment in CAMCA Economies; Alternative Foreign Policy Scenarios
• How will CAMCA look in 25 years?
• The Status of Education in CAMCA and the Path Forward
• Intraregional Trade and Transit in CAMCA
• U.S. Foreign Policy in the CAMCA Region after the "Reset": Challenges and Prospects
• Sustainable Development and Long-term Decision-making
• Economic Downturn in Russia: How will it affect the Future of CAMCA Economies?
• The Security of CAMCA Countries: Progress or Decline?
• Cultivating Domestic Non-Profits and Volunteerism in CAMCA